Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Raspberries

Hey everyone!

Today's haul from the supermarket was these fresh raspberries! I chanced upon some fresh raspberries this afternoon. Usually I'll give it a quick check to make sure it is firm and fresh. At times there are some berries that are squashed as they are overripe and sometimes you can spot one or two mouldy ones which I will avoid buying. 

But today's raspberries are almost perfect and I took 2 punnets! Once home, I gave them a little rinse and popped one in my mouth. Surprisingly! It wasn't sour at all. My mum was commenting on how sweet and fresh it was and munched on them continuously. 

I saved about half of it for freezing to be used in my smoothies or nana ice cream. 


Not to mention there are of course the nutritional value of raspberries too! This is definitely a plate of goodness I've got here. Can't wait for my next exciting food haul!



Love,
Sylvia

No comments: